With over 1 billion active monthly users (Techcrunch, 2018), Instagram is the platform of choice for just about everyone these days, from consumers to brands and beyond. And all of those users share a whole lot of content. Instagram boasts 95 million daily posts (Geekwire, 2016), the sheer volume representing the central challenge of Instagram: how to get target audiences to see and engage with your content. Enter the iconic # hashtags.
Hashtags are a built-in access point to your target audience if you know how to use them. The right hashtags can boost your visibility, help users find and follow you, and associate your brand with wider conversations and ideas on Instagram.
In this blog, we’ll explain what hashtags are and how to find relevant tags that will expose your content to target audiences, increase engagement, and grow your Instagram.
What are Hashtags?
Born on Twitter in 2007 and made famous by Instagram, hashtags are user-generated metadata tags that collect posts into groups for other users to browse and explore.
When you add a hashtag to an Instagram post, it automatically adds that post to a collection of other content tagged with the same hashtag.
Users can search hashtags using Instagram’s Explore feature and view the top or most recent posts tagged with a given hashtag.
Why are Instagram hashtags Important?
Using relevant target hashtags on your Instagram posts and Stories has a huge impact on your IG account reach. This can translate into more engagement, followers, customers (in case you run a business), etc.
Hashtags are even much more crucial if you are a marketer, businessman, etc., for your digital marketing strategy. Here’s a primer on how hashtags play an important role in social media.
- They are an excellent way to categorize and discover specific social media material.
- They make all of your content searchable.
- They let social media users identify and interact with information connected to their common interests or themes.
- They also help material reach a larger audience and be discovered by users all over the world.
Finding The Targeted Hashtag
Hashtags are the key to accessing targeted new followers, but first, you have to find the right ones for your brand. You can go about finding these relevant hashtags (hint: random word association is not one of them). However, the ones we’ll discuss here are Research and AI-Generated Hashtags.
Research for the right hashtag
Research is the old-school, manual way of finding relevant hashtags. There is a lot of information out there, and it can be a little overwhelming, so it helps to focus your research.
What hashtags are others using?
The easiest way to focus your hashtag research is to look at what hashtags your target audience, competitors, and industry leaders are using.
What communities, conversations, and causes do you want your brand to be associated with?
Hashtags are a way to join conversations and associate your brand with various communities, causes, and ideas. Think about what your brand stands for and look at the conversations your target audience is engaged with.
Once you have a set of potential oness, you can search them individually using Instagram’s Explore feature to see their volume and who else is using them. Remember, high volume hashtags have more competition, while lower volume tags have less. Aim to have a combination of both.
AiGrow – AI-Generated Hashtags
Manually researching hashtags can be a long and challenging process and one that may not quickly yield results. This is why many brands are turning to AI hashtag generation as an alternative solution. AI engines can go far beyond the limits of manual research and deliver accurate results in seconds. This makes them an ideal and increasingly popular option for finding the best ones.
Powerful hashtag generation is one of the core technologies that AiGrow offers. Using AI, our systems can assess the volume of Instagram hashtags and generate relevant related tags. These tags can be added to posts, followed for future insights, and used for targeting potential new followers. The best part? With our VIP Managed plan, you don’t have to lift a finger.
Our expert team and AI-powered systems can do it all for you, growing your Instagram by 500+ new, targeted followers every month.
Our VIP Managed plan includes:
- 500+ New Followers per Month
- Dedicated Account Manager for 30 Hours per Month
- AI-Powered Hashtags, Accounts, and Locations Research
- Manual Growth Activities – Follows, Unfollows, Liking
- Content Creation including 3-5 Posts per Week Published by your Account Manager
- Unlimited Use of AiGrow’s Instagram Management Features
- Priority 24×7 Support
AiGrow’s hashtag generator tool – Step by step guide
Using the hashtag generator tool of AiGrow helps you search, monitor, and find targeted hashtags with ease. The Listening & Repost feature of AiGrow lets you use AiGrow’s AI engine to search and use niche-specific trendy hashtags. Let’s take a look at the guide below to see how this feature works.
- Sign up on AiGrow’s website for free using your email address.
- Log into your account and click Add Instagram Account. You can add as many Instagram accounts as you want here and manage them all together.
- Click Scheduler, pick the account you’d like to manage from the dashboard’s left-sidebar menu, and then click Listening & Repost.
- In the opened window, on the Hashtag Monitoring tab, Click on Add Hashtags icon to search and add relevant hashtags.
- First, write a keyword in the box and then click on search. This way, you can help our AI find the best targets for growth, posts, and other tools.
- After being provided with a list of top hashtags, choose the ones you need and click Add Hashtags.
Now you have the chance to see the top posts of each hashtag to repost them or simply find the top ones to use in your posts.
Note: You can also take advantage of the scheduler feature of AiGrow to search and add top hashtags to your content (feed posts and IGTVs) and schedule your posts.
We’re so confident that you’ll love our service, we’re giving you your first week of our managed program FREE. That’s a 7 day risk-free trial of a dedicated account manager at no cost to you.
Start free today and experience the luxury of fully managed Instagram growth.