When uploading a photo as your story, the music will run for a max of 15 seconds. But if you are sharing a video which, Instagram cuts it to 15second segments, the music will play as long as the entire video.
Can’t add a music sticker to the Instagram story?
There are a couple of reasons why you don’t have the music sticker; for example:
- Your Instagram is not up to date. You can easily update it from the app store and enjoy it.
- You are trying to share a branded content campaign. Based on Instagram policies and copyright guidelines, stickers and emojis are not allowed in branded content ads.
- You live in a region where this feature is not available. This feature is only available in 90countries. So if your country is not on the list, you can use a VPN to change your IP
How to add music to the Instagram story without a sticker?
If you don’t have a music sticker, don’t worry. You can quickly put your own music on your Stories in two easy steps:
- Open a music player app such as Spotify or Apple music. Then play the music you want
- Go your Instagram story, and while the music is playing, record your Story.
This way, after uploading your Story, Instagram will check it for copyright issues; And, if detected, it will remove the Story.
Read more: 10 Best Instagram story views app.
Use Spotify to put music on your Instagram Stories.
If you have an account on Spotify, you can directly add music from your Spotify app to your Stories:
- Find the music that you want on Spotify.
- Tap on the three-dot icon on the top right corner
- Select Share
- Tap Instagram Stories