With more than one billion active users in a month, Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms globally. Today, many brands and businesses use this platform to get more customers and increase their brand awareness due to its popularity. If you are an artist and want to start earning money from your art, Instagram is a perfect place for you to start. In this article, we’ll show you How to get your art noticed on Instagram and increase Instagram followers.
If you don’t have enough time to read the whole article and are looking for an Instagram management tool to increase your audience, AiGrow is what you need.
How to Start an Art Instagram?
If you are an artist and have lots of Instagram clip art ideas but don’t know How to get your art noticed on Instagram and gain followers, don’t worry. In the following, we’ll show you how to start your Instagram art page and grow it over time to monetize Instagram.
Switch to a Business Profile
The first step on How to get your art noticed on Instagram is by switching your Instagram profile from personal to business. This way, you can access professional tools and features to manage your content, such as Instagram analytics, Instagram shop and shopping tags, CTA buttons on your bio, swipe-up links on stories, etc.
Here is how to switch your Instagram profile to business to use these tools:
- Sign in to your Instagram account and go to your profile.
- Tap the three-line icon at the top right corner and select “Settings.”
- Select “Account.”
- Scroll down and tap “Switch to Professional Account.”
- Choose your category( Artist, musician, blogger, etc.) and tap “Done.”
Set Your Profile & Bio
Your Instagram profile is the first place your page visitors check, and if they find interest, they might stay and follow your account. So one of the most important solutions for Getting your art noticed on Instagram is by completing your Instagram bio and having an artistic profile.
Let’s start with your bio; you can write 150 characters to describe your art page and introduce yourself to engage visitors to follow you. Also, you can add your username, up to 30 characters, and share a clickable link on your Instagram bio. If you have a website, art YouTube channel, or Pinterest page, you can share the link in your bio to redirect your followers to other platforms and increase your traffic to other platforms.
After completing your bio, it’s time for your profile picture. If you have a logo for your Instagram art page, you can use it as your profile picture with a white background to look more professional.
But if you decide to use a personal photo, here are some tips for having a perfect Instagram profile picture:
- Choose an image with a good lightening and contrast
- Don’t choose a trendy pic that makes you change it frequently.
- Use portraits instead of full body pics
- Instagram profile picture size is 320*320 pixels; So make sure to upload a photo at least that big.
Host an Art Giveaway
If you don’t have many followers and are looking for a way on How to get your art noticed on Instagram and attract users, hosting Instagram contests or giveaways is one of the best choices. You can set conditions for entering your giveaway to grow your followers, such as:
- Tagging three friends in the comments
- sharing your giveaway post on their Stories
- Like and comment on your five recent posts
But running a giveaway, checking the qualified users, and choosing a random winner need a ton of time and effort, especially for new Instagram artists. That’s when you can get help from Instagram management tools to set and run your giveaway with a few clicks. Here is a video showing you how to run Instagram contests and giveaways using AiGrow’s Giveaway Picker tool.
Increase Your Followers
After creating your posts and feed page, it’s time to target users interested in your content and increase your followers. But how to start and find interested users?
AiGrow is an Instagram management and growth tool that helps you target users, find those interested in your content, and increase your followers. This platform doesn’t use any automation or bot-like actions that put your account in the danger of getting banned, shadowbanned, or action blocked. AiGrow uses a powerful AI engine that targets users by their interests and filters fake and non-active accounts. So all the followers you receive with this service are 100% active and real.
Here is how to use AiGrow’s smart engine tool to increase your followers:
- First, signup on AiGrow’s website for free using your email address and log into your account.
- Next, click “Add Instagram Account” to connect your AiGrow account to your Instagram page.
- Click “Manage,” and you’ll be redirected to your dashboard.
- In the “Growth” tab, you need to target users by hashtags, locations, and competitors’ accounts.
- Scroll down to the “Activities” block and turn on “Follow” and “Unfollow.”
- Click “Start Growth.”
- After a few seconds, the AI engine provides you a list of potential users.
Now you can schedule a meeting with your dedicated account manager to tell him more about the type of audience you are looking for. They will help you filter the list more to receive the best results.
How to Post Art on Instagram?
Now that you know how to start your Instagram art page and build an audience, let’s show you some posting tips to increase your traffic and receive more engagement.
Based on users’ experience and Instagram’s new algorithm, the more post you share per week, the greater reach you will receive. By consistently sharing your posts on Instagram, you’ll make sure your audience remembers your name, and you have a higher chance to reach the Instagram explore page. So, if you are a new Instagram artist and are looking for a quick answer to How to get your art noticed on Instagram, try to share at least one or two posts every day to increase your engagement.
Use Good Lighting
If you want to sell art on Instagram, you need to ensure your posts can show details of your artwork and represent its beauty. Having perfect lighting while taking pictures of your artworks is the first step for creating an eye-catching feed post and engaging users. Try to take your pics in the natural light; make sure there are no shadows in your picture. You can also get more creative by spending a little money and buying light-enhancing tools, but you can try in the natural light for a start.
Create an Eye-catching Feed
As an Instagram artist or any professional Instagram user, you need to make sure you have an eye-catching feed page that attracts users and engages them to follow you. In the last part, we mentioned how to take your pictures during the day to have good lighting and take better photos; But that’s not enough.
After taking them, make sure to edit your pics, cut the edges, apply perfect filters, increase the contrast, etc. If you are not a pro editor and are not familiar with Photoshop, don’t worry. You can try free applications with thousands of effects and editing tools like VSCO and Snapseed. Also, Canva has many free templates and pics you can try to create an aesthetic feed page.
Use Top Art Hashtags
Hashtags on social media platforms work the same as keywords for a search engine and can help you expand your audience. Since 2016, users can follow Instagram hashtags to directly view posts on their feed page. When you use an Instagram hashtag, your post will appear on the page of that hashtag and users who follow its homepage. So by using hashtags, not only can you categorize your content, but also you can reach more potential users and increase your customers. If you don’t know how to find top Instagram art hashtags to use on your posts or don’t have enough time to monitor them, don’t worry; AiGrow has a solution for you to find top Instagram art hashtags in a second and use them in your posts. Here is how to use AiGrow’s hashtag monitoring tool for finding top Instagram art hashtags:
- First, log into your AiGrow account and select “Manage.”
- From your dashboard, click “Posts&Scheduling.”
- Click “Listening&Repost.”
- In the “Hashtag Monitoring” tab, click “Add Hashtags.”
- Write a keyword related to your content in the opened window and click “Search.”
- After a few seconds, the AI engine provides you with a list of top hashtags sorted by usage. You can select and add those with a high reach to monitor their growth and new posts on your dashboard. Also, you can add these to your posts whenever you are using the content scheduler.
Best Time to Post Art on Instagram
If you have been using Instagram professionally for a while, you’ve probably noticed that not all of your posts receive the same reach and likes. Based on the regions of your followers, there are different hours that most of them are online. By finding those hours and sharing your post with related hashtags, you can maximize your reach and get more followers.
By sharing at different hours of the day and monitoring your reach, you can find the best time to post art on Instagram over time. Also, Instagram business accounts give you details about your followers’ age range, gender, top locations, and most active times to help you get more reach. Here is how to access your followers’ insights:
- Log into your Instagram Business/Creator account and go to your profile.
- Tap the “Insights” button on your profile.
- Select “Total followers” to view your followers’ details. You can access this tool after having at least 100 followers.
- Tap on the Details button at the top right corner. You can view their most active times and days, gender, locations, etc.
Schedule Your Posts in Advance
After finding the best times to post on Instagram, you need to keep posting every day at least once and not miss these hours. One of the best ways to post consistently at the proper hours is by using an Instagram content scheduler. Another good feature that AiGrow provides for its users is a content scheduler that allows you to schedule posts, Stories, and IGTV videos in advance. They’ll be automatically uploaded even if you don’t have access to a network. Here is how to use AiGrow’s Instagram scheduler tool to schedule your posts for weeks and months in advance:
- Log into your AiGrow account and select “Manage.”
- From your dashboard, click the “Posts&Scheduling button to open the content scheduler.
- Click the “Schedule” button and choose “Feed.”
- In the opened window, you can upload your pictures and videos( up to 10) or share a video from YouTube without downloading.
- Next, write your caption, tag users, find and add your Instagram art hashtags, etc.
- Scroll down and select “Post in future” when you are done.
- Choose your publishing date(s) and click “Submit.”
Now your post will be published automatically on the scheduled hours. You can view your scheduled posts in your dashboard and change their time anytime you want.
Post Instagram Story Art
Over 500 million users check their Instagram Stories every day, making a perfect opportunity to attract new art customers. Unlike regular Instagram posts, Instagram Stories are only available for 24 hours and allow you to get to know your audience better and interact with them. Stories have different tools and features to share fun and engaging content, such as Instagram music, poll stickers, Q&A boxes, shop stickers, swipe-up links, etc.
So, to help your account grow, try to share Stories every day; You can get help from AiGrow’s content scheduler here too to make sure you are sharing content every day.
Here is how to use AiGrow’s content scheduler to schedule and publish Instagram Stories:
- Log into your AiGrow account and select “Manage.”
- From your dashboard, open the “Posts&Scheduling” tab and select “Schedule.”
- Choose “Story.”
- You can upload your photos and videos in the opened window, tag users, add different stickers, add an external URL if you are qualified, etc.
- Scroll down to the “Schedule Dates” box and select “Post in future.”
- Choose your publishing time(s) and click “Submit.”
Take Advantage of Instagram Clip Art
Finally, we have the best solution for artists who don’t have enough time to photograph and edit their Instagram posts or are unfamiliar with the Instagram system. AiGrow’s Postmate tool is a complete solution for every 1 user or a busy company. With this service, You can get custom content and design plans plus a personal PostMate delivering weekly content creation and scheduling to keep your Instagram page fresh and relevant.
After signing up for the Postmate plan, AiGrow experts will contact you to know about your business. After that, they will create a unique style for your art page.
If you are an artist and are looking to monetize your art, Instagram is a perfect platform to start. In this article, we showed you tips and tricks on How to get your art noticed on Instagram. Also, we introduced you to a powerful Instagram management and growth tool, AiGrow, to grow your account organically and save tons of time.