Why you need to Repost on Instagram
Reposting is one of the features that Instagram doesn’t provide for its users, but it can help your account’s growth. There are two main reasons why we think this feature can help your business:
Save time and energy.
When you don’t have enough time to create your content, you can share other user’s posts similar to your page’s theme. This way, not only you have a new post to share, but also, you can help the owner’s account grow.
Note: Make sure to ask the owner for permission.
Share user-generated content
If you are running a business or a shop on Instagram, one of the best ways to build trust is by sharing posts made by your customers. Also, you can share influencer’s reviews about your service to engage your followers.
Ways to Repost on Instagram
Before anything, you need to know that based on Instagram’s term of use, if you want to share someone else’s content, you need their permission. Otherwise, your account will be disabled or shadowbanned. Also, you need to give the owner credit; you can do it by tagging them in a photo or caption. There are multiple ways to share other users’ posts on your feed; Let’s see the common ways and find the best way:
The easiest way for Reposting photos on Instagram is to take a screenshot from the content, edit the post and share it on your home feed. This way, you can even share content from private accounts. The problem with this method is that you can’t repost videos. To take a screenshot on the desktop, follow these steps:
- To capture your entire screen and save it automatically, tap the Windows key + Print Screen. The screenshot will be saved to the Pictures> Screenshot folder.
- Use the Snipping tool program and capture a screenshot from the post.
- Press and hold these keys together to take a screenshot from your entire screen: Shift+ Command+ 3.
- Press and hold Shift+ Command+ 4 to take a screenshot from a specific part of your screen.
The only place allowed by Instagram to share other users’ content is Instagram Stories. This way, you can share re-share stories, photos, videos, and IGTVs on your stories. Here is how to Repost on Instagram stories:
- Open the post you want and tap the paper airplane icon under the post.
- Tap the Share on Stories icon.
- Edit the story and tap Share.