Just imagine that about 30,000 new products are released annually, and as much as 95% of them fail to make a significant profit. And that’s not only because of the quality. Sometimes a poor promotion or bad marketing is the reason. And here we are with our 5 must-try strategies to help you to succeed, promoting your product and/or service.
5 Proven Tactics to Promote a Product
It does not matter if it’s about a new product and/or service; the next five proven promotion approaches will be more than just helpful. So, if you want to know how to get a product in front of the right audience then keep reading the article.
1. Content Marketing
Currently, it’s one of the key marketing tactics with a variety of digital content types on offer. For promotion, you can use the next ones:
- Blog posts are the best way for traffic boost, SEO, and simply educating readers about the service/product and describing its features. What’s more, it enhances your expertise in the field and, thus, increases users’ loyalty.
- Infographic is a perfect tool to visualize the info, making it more accessible for your audience, and engaging the customers by demonstrating the key figures and facts.
- Podcasts are a modern tool for engaging clients and educating them in creative ways. So, it’s definitely worth investing in promoting your product.
- Video is a beloved and somewhat lazy way for customers to learn about products nowadays. So, it’s always a great idea to make a video review or explainer video of your product to promote it. Besides, you can just record a video where you just represent the written/published content to kill two birds with a stone: create a video and save your time for brainstorming.
- Google My Business is good for brands with an offline-store and with a physical location to improve their rank for search results in the local area.
- Paid ads help a lot in reaching the prospective buyers anywhere you wish the banners to be visible (on search engines, websites, social media, and more). The ads’ highlight is that they are not aggressive or intrusive because they appear only if the people enter the keywords related to your product/service.
All these kinds of content help you to become closer to your audience by telling them about your brand, its culture, and the product/service that you offer. Besides, it’s a way to bring something valuable to your customers as well as educate and engage them. That’s why you should provide only valuable information to generate leads and convert the readers into buyers.
However, it doesn’t matter what type of content marketing you’ll choose; it’s crucial to use high-quality and eye-catching visual media. Today even non-designers can create stunning images and graphics, using tools like Crello. This service provides you with tons of tools and templates. Yes, Crello is a flyer, poster, cover maker, and even online image converter. So, no matter what kind of visuals you need, it’s provided by the service.
2. Social Media
Do you know that more than 3.6 billion people use social media worldwide? So, it will be a huge mistake not to use this opportunity not only to communicate with the consumers but to promote a product to maximize online conversions. Use the channel depending on the target audience of your brand. Bear in mind that if your goal is to make the most, the social media has to offer, you are to use the right platform (LinkedIn, Facebook, Snapchat, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, Tik Tok, and so on).
3. Email Marketing
Today there are 3.9 billion daily email users who make this tactic a part of the inbound/outbound promotion strategy. Herewith, you definitely, should:
- Add subscription forms to collect the contacts of the potential buyers;
- Design and send email campaigns regularly.
And the main reasons to do that are:
- It’s an effective way for promoting a product;
- It increases brand awareness;
- It enhances customer loyalty;
- It’s how you can educate users about what you sell;
- It’s a way to alert users about the sales, updates, etc. to increases sales;
- It’s your chance to build strong relationships with the customers.
4. Referral Marketing
Keeping in mind the fact that 77% of customers trust feedback/comments/reviews more than advertising, this tactic becomes essential to be implemented to your marketing strategy. Yet, you should be ready that this way is a long and hard one, yet, it is worth the efforts. So, to achieve the settled objectives, you can:
- Create referral programs;
- Let your customers leave reviews and comments;
- Co-work with influencers/bloggers, and so on.
5. Free Samples, Sales Coupons, and Promotions
People adore discounts, promotions, coupons. So why not use it? Promoting a product/service, running an online contest, and offering the potential buyers a free sample or a sale coupon. In such a way you not only can generate leads but just attract the attention of a wider audience. Just accentuate the fact that such an offer is time-limited to achieve the desired effect.
6- CRO Tools
Using a CRO (conversion rate optimization) tool can greatly help you to enhance the power of your product landing pages. CRO tools such as Watch Them Live let you monitor your website pages (especially product pages) by features such as heatmaps and session replay. These features show you exactly why your website visitors do not convert, why they hesitate to click on that purchase button, or where the pain points and U-turns are. By optimizing these options, you’ll be able to promote your products smarter and more effectively.
Using the described tactics, you can increase the chances for success and help your product/service to make significant sales. However, there are a few essential things to do. So, you need to:
- Learn your product to know its key features to demonstrate, promote;
- Define your target audience.
These two aspects are critical for building an effective promotional strategy. With that in mind, try these approaches to bring your product/service in front of potential buyers.