IGTV dimensions and size
When you are sharing a video, always check out your IGTV dimension. Because, after you upload it on Instagram, you can’t change its dimensions. You can only edit the cover, add sounds, and trim it ( if it’s less than 10 minutes). Now before sharing your IGTV video, check some steps:
- If your video is less than 10 minutes long, its size must be under 650MBs. But if it is longer, it can be up to 3GBs.
- Your video must be in MP4 format, and your IGTV dimensions should be 1080*1920 pixels or with an aspect ratio of 9:16.
- After sharing the video, your IGTV dimension for users on their home feed is 4:5 for the first one minute.
- If your video is horizontal, your IGTV dimensions should be 16:9.
- The best ratio for your IGTV cover is 1:1.55 or 420*654 pixels.
Read more: The ultimate guide to Instagram image size in 2021
Now that you know how to share an IGTV video and the best IGTV dimensions, it’s time to know some tips for using the IGTV feature better.
Try to always set an eye-catching and high-quality picture as your cover photo since it can attract users’ attention. An IGTV video without a cover picture seems unprofessional, but with it, you make it easier for your followers to find out what it is about.
IGTV ads are the newest feature on Instagram that helps creators monetize from their content. These ads videos are up to 15 seconds long and appear at the beginning of your original video.
Read more: How Can Creators Make Money with IGTV Ads?
- Tip 3-Create an IGTV series
This feature is similar to YouTube’s playlist function and helps your audience find the content they are looking for easily.
Read more: All you should know about Instagram IGTV in 2021
Since 2018, Instagram allows users to share videos longer than 1 minute on their home page; this feature is called IGTV. However, to share an eye-catching video and attract more users, you need to know IGTV dimensions to prevent quality loss. In this article, we showed you how to share IGTV videos from desktop and app. Also, we told you the best IGTV dimensions and some tips to use this feature better.
If you are ready to share your first IGTV video from the desktop, try AiGrow for free now.